Join a community of lifelong learners!Learn More About SHRM
UOPX SHRM Student Chapter
The SHRM Affiliated Student Chapter of the University of Phoenix is dedicated to the professional development of students pursuing careers in human resource management, business administration, industrial and organizational psychology, and closely related fields of study. We aim to advance the knowledge, skills, and abilities of student chapter members by providing essential resources through education, networking, career guidance, and HR activities.
The student chapter meets once a month to gain career exposure and network with Human Resource (HR) professionals. Additionally, chapter members host professional development seminars and community support activities throughout the year. Student members participate in activities on and off campus and learn from active HR professionals in the career field of Human Resource Management.
It is important to stay connected with your learning community and to have a well-rounded educational experience. Meetings are held virtually, and we network with local HR professionals in a variety of settings.
SHRM is the world’s largest professional association dedicated to human resource management (HRM) with over 300,000 individual members in over 140 countries!
SHRM is a global HR professional organization that exists to:
- Build and sustain partnerships with human resource professionals, media, governments, non-governmental organizations, businesses and academic institutions to address people management challenges that influence the effectiveness and sustainability of their organizations and communities.
- Provide a community for human resource professionals, media, governments, non-governmental organizations, businesses and academic institutions to share expertise and create innovative solutions on people management issues.
- Proactively provide thought leadership, education and research to human resource professionals, media, governments, non-governmental organizations, businesses and academic institutions.
- Serve as an advocate to ensure that policy makers, law makers and regulators are aware of key people concerns facing organizations and the human resource profession.
Surround yourself with success!
With access to more than 300,000 members worldwide, you’re never at a loss for role models and mentors. Make those all-important connections to the people and opportunities that help you learn and advance throughout your career.
Make all the right connections!
Members can find a mentor, internship and more with SHRM Connect.
Get involved with your local SHRM chapter!
Meet peers and pros, and learn HR beyond the classroom.
Additional Benefits of Student Membership
- Interest HR or career-focused speakers
- Job shadowing opportunities
- Site visits
- Case competition teams
- Link to local SHRM professionals chapter
- Participation in local chapter events
Our purpose is to elevate the HR profession.
Our mission is to empower people and workplaces by advancing HR practices and by maximizing human potential.
Our vision is to build a world of work that works for all.