/ Forums / Course Forums / Math / Announcements – Math Specific / Blackboard Particpation Questions

• Author
      John Giangardella
      Participant

Shuba still unable to find questions under week one participation: Cannot see discussion content. There must be steps to find it.

John Giangardella
      Participant

Shuba I found it it is double click on the icon on the  week one assignments. Another question on the syllabus it stated to post instructor polices at the end of the syllabus. If I copy it there I assume the students can see it, no way to provide a post. Just copy it and close, I will try that.

Shubhangi Simhan
        Participant

John,

Appreciate the question and the update. Just in case some one else has the same question, the steps are attached.

Your question is very valid as it is so hard to get student attention. I was thinking of modifying the subject line and also adding the IP and AP in the same place, The “Student Success Guide” offers only a link and it takes a while to get there.

It was great to chat with you in the Live Forum,

Shuba Simhan

Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.

John and Shuba – I called tech support to ask where to post the instructor policies.  He told me to create a new document using the plus sign.  I put it after the course resources and changed the title to “Instructor Policies Document.”  I havent finished the set-up yet, I plan to get back to it tomorrow.  I’m wiped out from the long wait on hold, and the long session with tech support, since I had lots of other questions.

John Giangardella
            Participant

Shuba I made a special note in my welcome message on how to access the participation questions. I also went to the participation page and posted a note on how to generate a message and I assume like in training to post your name at the top. Now all I need is number of points allocated and where to put it.

John Giangardella
          Participant

Shuba I have not tried your method of clicking on the title but have found by clicking on the icon on the left of this discussion message it opens up immediately.

Shubhangi Simhan
            Participant

John,

You wrote “Shuba I have not tried your method of clicking on the title but have found by clicking on the icon on the left of this discussion message it opens up immediately.”

That is good to know. Seems like there are different ways, whatever works.

Shuba Simhan

Shubhangi Simhan
      Participant

Rosemary,

Thank you for sharing. I attended the Live Support Sessions today and I heard the same from many participants about the long hold for tech support. The Live Support is worth the time. There are two sessions tomorrow and two on Monday. If you still have questions, I would recommend attending at least one session, if possible.

Shuba Simhan

John Giangardella
        Participant

Rosemary you can add it under the syllabus by clicking the plus sign on the line below. I have a separate item Instructor Polices under the syllabus folder. I also placed it in the student success guide where academic polices are located. I agree with you on Tech Support it is a long wait. I managed to get through on Friday but on Saturday it was a long wait and I figured a lot of stuff out while I was on hold. It is only going to get worse. Shuba might be the best resource.

Shubhangi Simhan
          Participant

John,

That is very kind of you, I will do my best.  I recommend the Live Support sessions. The session we attended together had 100+ participants, but afternoon had only 44 participants. So if we can ask a pin pointed question, not just use chat box, we will get answers very likely.There is some background noise which I will take over the elevator music while on hold!  I am requesting “math only” live support session, hopefully we get one soon.

Shuba Simhan

John Giangardella
      Participant

Shuba another question on the grade-book these percentages on assignments have me a little confused. On exactly how many points are available on each assignment. Cannot find any mention of participation or an item in the grade-book.

Orientation quiz 5% = ?

Show What you know 4%=?

Study Plan 5%= ?

John Giangardella
        Participant

Shuba thank you for the grade book breakdown. I have never facilitated a T course previously so I did not have this list. I have so many notes I neglected to view the last page of the BBU course syllabus.  I have attended two of these BBU sessions and will do another tomorrow and again on Friday for the grade-book discussions. I know where discussion responses are located but grading them inserting a grade point value and posting it somewhere is still a mystery.

Shubhangi Simhan
          Participant

John,

You wrote “Shuba thank you for the grade book breakdown. I have never facilitated a T course previously so I did not have this list. (nonT to T in BbU is a big jump, I would give myself a break) I have so many notes I neglected to view the last page of the BBU course syllabus.  I have attended two of these BBU sessions and will do another tomorrow and again on Friday for the grade-book discussions. (That is devotion!) I know where discussion responses are located but grading them inserting a grade point value and posting it somewhere is still a mystery (You can access the grade book icon on the top. It looks like a paper and pencil. If you see the grid by your groups, you are doing fantastic job.)

While general grading demo would be good to attend, math MML grade transfer is not fun due to students using different names in the forum and MML. We can take this up later.

Shuba Simhan

Shubhangi Simhan
      Participant

John,

I understand the confusion because we don’t see the breakup of the points in the gradebook. It is hidden in the syllabus. The key idea is :From total 100 points from NC to total 1000 points in BbU means, basically we are placing a zero after our NC points. The tiny complication is the BbU quiz worth 5 points, the attached snip from the Math 215T syllabus lines up the points neatly

Hope this answers your question.

Shuba Simhan

Attachments:
      John Giangardella
      Participant

Shuba another tip on the gradebook. On the homepage for the class you will see the gradebook Icon second from the last on the right hand side. Open the gradebook and then on the left hand side you will see a rectangular box Icon divided into four sections. If you click on that Icon the gradebook will display details on each assignment.  an easy place to enter grades with point values for each assignment displayed. Participation is the first item on the list under discussion.

Shubhangi Simhan
      Participant

John,

Thank you for passing along the tip.

Have a Happy Monday,

Shuba Simhan

Deborah Conrad
      Participant

You can use this view of the gradebook, but it will mean calculating all grades and entering them in a spreadsheet or list before using the list.  Honestly, it’s easier to do this from the discussion page.  I attached screen snips from a student workshop that I finished grading last night.  In the first snip, you see the discussion in the column and the list of students in the right column.  Note that it shows both responses (to the discussion questions) and replies (to other students).  There is a link for Grades & Participation in the top right corner.  It will take you to a page where all students are sorted by name.   This will make more sense when your students begin participating, but if you click on a name, you will see all replies for that student at a glance.   In the second snip, you see an individual grading page for a single student.  The first post is the initial response to the discussion questions.  The second green box is a reply to another student.  What I like about this is (besides seeing all student discussion for this topic on one screen) is that the other student’s post is also included so there is context for the reply.  In the right column, there is a place to provide targeted feedback.  My standard blurb for this graded discussion is shown since I’ve already graded this workshop.  If the submission was ungraded, it would show an empty text box.

I see no advantage in keeping a discussion & participation list as we had to do for T courses in the old classroom.

Attachments:
      Deborah Conrad
      Participant

Also, for grading participation, if you develop a grading rubric, it will pop up and you can simply click on the appropriate cell and it will auto-calculate the participation grade.  If student submissions are late, I will override the grade and explain why in the feedback box (“Your initial response was two days late, so a 20% late deduction has been applied.”) for that portion of the assignment.    Since we no longer have auto-comments, I’ll have those comments in a spreadsheet and ready to enter.  Grading is super streamlined in BBU in comparison to our previous experience.

I’m using the same discussion & participation rubric for all five weeks.  It took a bit of time to set it up but it will save a lot of time in grading and should satisfy the quality requirement in the Faculty Performance Evaluation.  I’m not sure how to save and share the rubric however and am hoping that by the end of the course this will be more clear.  Shuba, do you know we will have access to the copy course content function?  When we teach subsequent courses in BBU, can we replicate courses that we’ve taught before or do we have to set them up from the beginning as we did with the ones that we’ve worked on this weekend?  And, how do we save the rubrics?  I can’t even copy them into a spreadsheet since they are saved in javascript.

Shubhangi Simhan
      Participant

Deb,
      Appreciate you giving us the benefit of your experience. I think it will take a week or two to see what works best for us.

We can clone our classes for future reference. Some one was explaining it in a Live Session yesterday but I was not ready for that! We are told that all these sessions are recorded and would be made available.
      Shuba Simhan

Deb and Shuba – The tech guy I asked about “cloning” future classes said that it’s possible.  If I remember correctly, he said you could drag and drop stuff from a previous class into the new class.  When i’m ready to do it for my June class, I am going to call tech support for hand-holding through the process.

John Giangardella
      Participant

Where are the Khan Academy videos not obvious where they are? Probably in front of my nose but I cannot find them.

Shubhangi Simhan
        Participant

John,

The videos are under “Learning Activities ”

SShuba Simhan

John Giangardella
      Participant

Thank you Shuba right under my nose.

No it’s not, John.  A student asked me where the textbook was, and it took me forever to find it.  I opened up everything else, and finally nothing was left but “Learning Activities.”  Very misleading and hidden.

John Giangardella
      Participant

Rosemary you are correct it is not like the old days when this information was all included up front for each week assignments. Students are asking all kinds of questions.

John – So far the worst thing is the traditional learning team setup.  It was awful in NC, and it’s worse in BBU.  Students are asking where to find the team discussion area, and I am giving the instructions that worked in NC.  No idea whether it works.  I’ll find out soon, and if it doesn’t, I’ll ask tech support to find it.

Shubhangi Simhan
        Participant

John and all,

I had the same problem but being an unorganized person, I have habit of looking for things which came in handy.

I modified the topics/titles of each folder and snips of my course content and week 1 folder are attached. Even now, we can make helpful changes which will go live right away. That is one good thing about BbU, the midstream cosmetic changes are feasible and don’t need republishing.

The purple markers indicate new activity in that thread and not very reliable. Once I didn’t see a purple marker, but there were new messages in that folder.

We will get the hang of this stuff!

Shuba Simhan

Attachments:

Thanks, Shuba, this is very helpful.  I wanted to edit some titles, but was afraid to at this point.  Now I’ll do it.  And the screen shots also gave me the idea of adding “textbook chapters” to the learning activities, so students know where to find them.

Shubhangi Simhan
            Participant

Rosemary,

You are welcome. I see the potential to make BbU  easier to navigate but I am going to wait on that. The cosmetic change should reduce some questions for now.

Shuba Simhan

John Giangardella
      Participant

I have found team messaging  confusing. I thought I sent a message to each team. No where to find it within the team but it shows up in the message board and everyone in the class can view it three times. Is this normal? Also I received a message in my sandbox from Jacqueline Lipper explaining to students about attendance. I tried to respond to her with no way to do it and she asks for responses. I have no idea who she is but if she is there to help I would like to know how to contact her.

John – I mentioned in another thread that when setting up traditional learning teams, the team assignment must be kept hidden.  I didn’t do this, students could not find any team discussion area, and when I called tech support the fix was very painful.  I had to eliminate the team assignment (rename and hide it.)  Then I had to recreate the team assignment (fortunately, copy/paste worked), then I had to recreate the teams.  Then I had to go into settings to activate “allow discussion,” then I had to go into the gradebook to remove the original team assignment and add points to the new team assignment, and finally, when the tech support person checked that everything was OK, make the team assignment visible to students.  Not at all intuitive.

Shubhangi Simhan
        Participant

John,

You wrote “I have found team messaging confusing. I thought I sent a message to each team. No where to find it within the team but it shows up in the message board and everyone in the class can view it three times. Is this normal?(I am curious about the location from where you sent the message. I don’t think we can post a message to all teams like we could do in NC but “faculty assist”group is better equipped to help you. They are  working extra  long hours ( 8 am -7 pm MST) this week in Data Center to answer questions. In your outlook if you compose a new message with “faculty assist” in the “To” box , outlook will come up with her email address, one thing less to keep track of. )

Also I received a message in my sandbox from Jacqueline Lipper explaining to students about attendance. I tried to respond to her with no way to do it and she asks for responses. I have no idea who she is but if she is there to help I would like to know how to contact her.(As far as I know Jacequline Lipper is a faculty like us. The sandbox is just for experimentation, so you are not obligated to respond. Probably she is experimenting too. If you want to reach out to her, again outlook is helpful, composing a new message with her name will bring up her email address. )”

We will get through this teething stage!

Shuba Simhan

John Giangardella
      Participant

Holy cow Rosemary this sounds like a nightmare. Are you posting team assignments, there are no points to be earned there? My understanding was that it was for discussion and collaboration with other members in the class. I used the automatic setup for teams. I have 60 students in this class and I just tried to do a post to stimulate some discussion. Is your class Math 215t?

John – This is for Math 110, not a T class, so it’s the old learning team, with an assignment that’s 20% of the total grade (the default was 30%, but I changed it.)  There are 26 students in the class, and I chose to let BBU create “random groups,” which resulted in three groups.  I would never have such large teams, but I didn’t dare try to change that.  If I live long enough to become comfortable with BBU, I might try to create custom teams.

With only one prompt for the new participation rules, the one thread is already huge, and it’s only Wednesday.  Are you finding that to be the case within your T-class groups?  Now when I see the purple circle indicating a new post, if it’s not the first one, I have trouble finding it.  Sometimes what’s new is a reply to a reply to a reply.

Meanwhile, there is at least one post to the team areas, since there is a purple dot by the team assignment.  However, I can’t find it.  That’s another call to tech support, and that’s for another day.

John Giangardella
        Participant

Shuba I asked this question of posting to all teams in the special online sessions and they displayed how to do it but it, but it does not work. I tried to post a message in the team assignment for each team but it does not show up there and appears someplace else in messaging. I have no idea how a student can post a message there if I cannot do it. The instructor who posted in the sandbox asked for responses to her post on attendance, no way a student could do it, I cannot do it. The messaging in blackboard is difficult, sometimes I post and cannot find it anywhere.  I am not sure how blackboard helps students do math since finding material and messaging is not user friendly. Navigation is difficult for everyone and with class sizes, if they all ask for help at the same time, I am going out for a drink.

You’re welcome to come to our place, John, the refrigerator is full of Rolling Rock.

Deborah Conrad
            Participant

Right now, I am so glad that I live in wine country.

John Giangardella
            Participant

Rosemary just keep it cold and I will be right over. I used to drink Rolling Rock all the time when I was at Ohio State, Columbus.

Deborah Conrad
      Participant

I’m so confused.  Is there a difference between group discussion and team discussion?  I divided my class into three discussion groups and seemed to be a very easy process.  Students are posting discussion in their assigned groups.  I’ve attached a screen shot of my week 2 discussion room with student names removed – does this match your view?

Attachments:
        Shubhangi Simhan
        Participant

Deb,
        Appreciate you keeping up with the forum as always. You wrote ” Is there a difference between group discussion and team discussion? I divided my class into three discussion groups and seemed to be a very easy process. Students are posting discussion in their assigned groups. I’ve attached a screen shot of my week 2 discussion room with student names removed – does this match your view?”

Yes, mine does match, except that I just left the default names like “New Group 1” alone.

I think, BbU is not very forgiving of the order of steps. If we miss one step, we can’t easily fix it.

When we have time, how about we create our own list of the steps to set up the class?! The faculty resource page is serving all disciplines but math deserves special attention? I will request math specific FAQs or Live Support again.

Shuba Simhan

Deb – I see why you’re confused.  I used the terms “group” and “learning team” to mean the same thing.  The BBU term is “group.”  That applies to traditional learning teams, as in non-T courses, and the group thing in T courses.  My current class is Math 110, which is non-T and has a learning team assignment.

I think that when the university dropped learning teams from the lower level courses they forgot about Math 110.  I remind them about it on every FEOCS, mentioning that teams should be dropped from that course, but it hasn’t happened yet.  Ceal and I suggest that in every CAM.  By the way, what has happened to GFM/CAMx?

John Giangardella
        Participant

Deborah, my discussion prompt is in the main classroom not in team assignments as apparently yours are. In the Math T tutorial it states Learning Teams in the Classroom do not submit learning team assignments for points. It serves as a discussion community. It states participation prompts are built into the classroom as “Learning Team Assignments” so that group discussions can be enabled.

John Giangardella
        Participant

Deborah are your discussion questions in the team group? If they are not how do they get to teams? If you look at the new add on in BBU you can view what the students see. No team groups there in my class.

Deborah Conrad
          Participant

John, I have one open discussion question in each week. I’ve attached a snip of what my week one course content view shows when I open the week one drop down.  When a student clicks on this, s/he will see only the assigned team.

In the discussion question view, I have four teams (the last one was added to accommodate a student added to my class on day 2 – she is in a regular team in future weeks).  When I go in using student view, the student again sees only the team to which he or she is assigned.  That is the team discussion area for this question.  When I read and respond to questions, I can move back and forth between teams using the links in the discussion question view.

I have also enabled group discussion for the Course Questions discussion.  So, the weekly discussions and the overall course questions are the only areas where discussion is divided into teams.   Is this how yours is set up?

Shuba, I just wanted to comment that when I go in using student view, since the post first option is chosen, I have no access to my SWYK  and homework help threads.  For this reason, I’ve advised students to post an initial non-substantive post if they need help on MyLab-Math (and when was this name changed?)  before they have submitted their substantive response.  And, since the help threads do not move to the top of the discussion chain when someone posts, I have to scroll down to the very bottom of my team discussions every single time that I open the threads.  It would be nice if instructors had an option to pin a post to the top of the thread.  Perhaps we need a BBU wish list discussion?

Attachments:
      Shubhangi Simhan
      Participant

Rosemary,

I am sorry you had such a hard time with the unique math class Math 110 which has the team assignment. I will check with the instructional designer team and see if they can help in future sections.

Good point about GFM. I haven’t heard about CAM but GFM schedule notification went out March 28th. There is a Leadership Broadcast on May 7th at 5:30- 7 pm MST. It  pays $50 subject to annual limit. The snip is attached to help locate the notification.

Shuba Simhan

Attachments:
      John Giangardella
      Participant

Shuba having researched team assignments with Tech Support it is not possible to post messages there because it is not an assignment in Math 215t courses, no points earned and the students do not have access to these groups and most probably would not participate. Tech Support is doing further research but have indicated that there understanding is they are doing away with some of these team assignments. You may want to check this on your end. Presently all my posts there are going into class messages.

Shubhangi Simhan
      Participant

John,

Sorry you are having hard time. My groups are working fine. So let us work on this together. How did go about making groups? A. went to Details and actions menu B. Went to participation link, clicked on the gear and made groups.

Did you do A or B?

SB is the right way.

I let us go from there,

Shuba Simhan

John Giangardella
      Participant

Shuba I have the groups set up and was posting a message in each group that did not appear in any of the three groups 1,2 and 3 that I have had BBU build. Tech support accessed the view from a student in one of my classes and there is no way a student can access the group and the only way they can read a message is in the class messages. It is not graded they are not going there even if they could. I am not following you on generating groups, Tech support said you cannot do this if it is not an assignment. So Tech Support suggested creating a dummy assignment with no points. I will be the only one there. We went go the gear but you have to create an assignment. What is the point anyway?

Shubhangi Simhan
      Participant

John,

I am sorry my message was as clear as mud, I was typing on the phone, and the forum does not work well  on my phone.

I had the same problem as you until I learned that we have to consider “participation” as an assignment.

Let me try again. There are two ways of making groups, only one is correct.

Method 1. Make groups using “Details and Actions” menu which is on the left side of the home page. That is incorrect.

Method 2. Click on the Discussion link. On the new page that opens up, click on the gear. Scroll down and make groups. Save. You are done. The default discussion prompt will become available to the groups separately.

I don’t think it is too late to set up the groups for week 1, I would just give students more time to meet the participation requirements.

If you like please email me  ssimhan2009@email.phoenix.edu, so that we can set up time tonight and do this in real time. I am in CA so there is broad day light out.

Shuba Simhan

John Giangardella
        Participant

Shuba:

Second time I posted this message first one is lost. There is no details and actions on my homepage. Secondly I went to class discussion and clicked on the gear. At the bottom was group discussion but would not allow me to do anything because students already posted to class discussions. This problem could have been avoided if the discussion questions were placed in groups intially. I am not the only one having this problem that was discussed in the gradebook session yesterday. Everyone is looking in to this. One further comment this forum is slow to get to and posts are slow also and disorganized. Why can we not go back to our previous forum, much better? I know it is not your decision but you can ask again.

Shubhangi Simhan
          Participant

John,

I am sorry that this transition is so hard. I am also pretty sure you being a professional, you will see this class through.

At this time, week 1 participation group making  is water under the bridge. I would give students points for whatever they have posted wherever they posted.

You wrote “There is no details and actions on my homepage.” Please see my snip attached. Anyways, we don’t really do much with that.

It should still be possible to create groups for week 2. Hope the attached word document snips help.

As Deb mentioned, the MML grading does not have a location for feedback unless students hit “submit” so basically we would transfer the numeric grades. As in NC, I am planning to assign IDs so MML export and BbU gradebook order is the same for ease of the data entry.

There is Leadership Broadcast on May 7th at 5:30. The link on the homepage.  If you have time, it might be a good idea to attend.

This too shall pass,

Shuba Simhan

Attachments:
        John Giangardella
        Participant

Shuba I tried your suggestion on clicking the gear. Week one would not work because students had already posted in the discussion area. For some reason week two has the same message but it appears week three works. Please clarify because it appears that in week three the discussion questions show up in the team assignments? I will play around with it when I have the time.

Shubhangi Simhan
          Participant

John,

Thank you for letting me know. You wrote ” Week one would not work because students had already posted in the discussion area. For some reason week two has the same message but it appears week three works. Please clarify because it appears that in week three the discussion questions show up in the team assignments? I will play around with it when I have the time.

I get why it is late for week 1. In Math 215T/216T there are no team assignments. Would you mind sharing the screen shot of the message you get for week 2? Unless some one responded to the week 2 prompt as well, we should be able to make the groups.

Shuba Simhan

John Giangardella
            Participant

It is too late now Shuba week two has already started but when I checked previously last week that is the message I received. You cannot create team assignments because discussion had already started in week two. I did not see any messages.

Shubhangi Simhan
              Participant

John,

Appreciate the follow up. I am afraid we are not on the same page here. We are not creating any team assignments. We are simply making groups for an existing discussion topic. If you made week 2 discussion visible and  somebody, including you posted something underneath week 2 discussion, then it indeed  is late for week 2.

Hope this helps,

Shuba Simhan

John Giangardella
      Participant

Shuba I am going to post this message for you to pass along or anyone monitoring this forum. I cannot tell you the amount of time I have spent trying to learn this new system which is still confusing to me and my students. Having over 60 students in this new class structure is not feasible. Just reading through student responses to all kinds of questions and the responses from discussion questions and grading in MML is a full time job. I am not looking for a full time job, there are many out there. All of this work for the same pay. If this is the path the University chooses to take it is not one that I can follow and will not accept any courses with this many students. I know it is a business decision that University has made and I understand that. I am here to teach and help students and I cannot do my job with these new guide lines for the number of students in a class and the new course structure.

John Giangardella
      Participant

It looks like we are at it again. Lots of MML students that are not in the gradebook, I am not sure if the reverse is true because some of the gradebook students are not in MML, so I do not know if they are somewhere else or just not doing assignments there. Another alert when accessing MML use Chrome. If you use Firefox and export grades you will get a read only Excel list which you have to save and then sort the names. Not so using Chrome. Another problem is you cannot export the orientation quiz, just show what you know. Manual recording is necessary for  grades for orientation quiz  in MML, somehow MML has gotten more difficult than I am used to. I apologize for posting all of these comments but Blackboard and T courses combined is way more difficult than any course I have faced in all my years here. My comment above is relevant.

Deborah Conrad
        Participant

John, did you add a graded assignment for the MML orientation quiz?  It isn’t required in the T syllabus.  The only stock assignments in week one are discussion, MML week one homework, and the BBU quiz which evidently scores and posts without instructor involvement.  Not sure how I feel about that.

John Giangardella
      Participant

MML Study plan, I can view the results in the grade book numbers 1 t0 10 but cannot export them properly. Not sure what is happening. I have to copy them manually and cannot sort using Excel because they do not export properly. There is no export for show what you know and that is where they are listed, help please. I have never experienced this problem before along with students being lock out of assignments.

Deborah Conrad
        Participant

John, I’m not sure what you mean by the study plan.  The only graded assignment in MML is the weekly homework.  SWYK isn’t graded.  Students have to take it in order to open up the homework, but if you click on Assignments, and then on Homework, and then on Export Data, you can choose to export all homework grades or just the specific week that you are grading.  I’ve put snips below to show how it looks for me.  I don’t know what you see in your view, but grading MML went easily for me this week and I can describe what I did.

Once I had my Excel spreadsheet downloaded, the easiest way to work with it was to delete the rows and columns that I wasn’t using. I left the Last name, First name, and Score columns only and deleted all the descriptive stuff in rows that I wasn’t using.  Then, I sorted the sheet by first name since that is how since students in the BBU gradebook are listed if they haven’t clicked the submit button (and only 15 of my students clicked).  So, I entered scores and feedback for those who had clicked submit, and then the rest were easy since all I had to do was enter scores and the alpha listing in the spreadsheet mostly matched the alpha listing in the gradebook.  It isn’t optimal, it isn’t pretty, but it works and these days, I will take my wins where I can find them.

Attachments:
          John Giangardella
          Participant

Deborah I tried that and every other combination and was able to eventually get the scores I wanted. But when I viewed the page I wanted that told me the number of mastery points earned, simple sheet and that is what I wanted. Went to export all kinds of numbers showed up, some way higher than could be earned. I have exported grades from MML hundredths of times, they must to have changed it. It was also confusing on the orientation quiz which in all my past courses was mandatory, not so now. Will not download had to do it manually and found out the Blackboard quiz was automatically graded. Why is the orientation quiz there anyway if it is not graded? Thank you for your post.

John Giangardella
          Participant

Thank you Deborah, I was leaving out specific assignments. Right in front of me. First week was a disaster for many students being locked out of the study plan for a variety of reasons. There are no instructions on the assignment to do SWYK first to access the study plan. Some students came up with information that you had to score 100% on this assignment even though I told them different. I posted a message this week and no more of those problems.

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.